Although this world is engulfed in a spiritual battle, we know that the ruler of this world has been judged, and the Lord Jesus Christ reigns victorious over the enemy and his followers. However, because the enemy continually puts up spiritual barriers to try to keep unbelieving Vietnamese peoples in darkness eternally, we must unite to fight the battle against spiritual strongholds, through the Word and prayer.
“Truly I say to you, whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 18:18,19 NASB)
“The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.” (James 5:16 NASB)
Here are a few prayer starters to pray against spiritual barriers for the peoples of Vietnam:
- Ask God to remove whatever the enemy is using to blind the peoples of Vietnam and keep them from trusting Christ. “. . . the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” (2 Corinthians 4:4 NASB)
- Ask God to reveal to the peoples of Vietnam who Jesus Christ really is. “And Simon Peter answered and said, ‘Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.’ And Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Blessed are you, Simon Barjonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.’” (Matthew 16:16,17 NASB)
- Ask the Holy Spirit to convict the peoples of Vietnam of sin, righteousness and judgment, and of their need for a Savior. “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin, and righteousness, and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you no longer behold Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.” (John 16:8-11 NASB)
- Ask God to place a desire to know Him and to seek for truth in the hearts of the peoples of Vietnam. Ask the Lord to open their hearts just as He opened Lydia’s heart to respond to Paul’s message. “And a certain woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul.” (Acts 16:14 NASB)
- Ask God to stir up a hunger and thirst for righteousness in the peoples of Vietnam. “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” (Matthew 5:6 NASB)
- Ask God to give the Vietnamese peoples an understanding of the things of God. “But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.” (I Cor. 2:14 NASB)
- Ask God to cause the peoples of Vietnam to experience the gospel—not only in word, but with power. “For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction . . .” (1 Thessalonians 1:5 NASB)
Almighty God, we ask You to show Your glory and proclaim Your victory and sovereignty in the lives of the Vietnamese peoples. Draw them to Yourself and save them as Your name is lifted up.